Thursday 26 July 2012

Tapout XT - first 10 days

So day 10 has been and I have to say I am super excited by my results so far (a bit vain I know) although I'm not so happy about the pale skin tone ;(
I have been really experimenting with my diet, supplements and even water consumption and am finely at the stage where I can confidently say that I will be pretty much palaeolithic in my approach except with the addition of some dairy (whey protein/milk) and a few legumes (kidney beans in chilli etc)
For the additional carbs I require for the obstacle races I will be relying on white rice in the form of sushi. Supplements will be good old whey protein, BCAA powder, creatine and ZMA. This will be complimented with some quality vitamins, omega3 and glucosamine.
These have all been used by me for at least 30 days then removed to see the effects and whilst they may just be having a placebo effect I don't care as its still an effect and helps me push harder. Supplements that have fallen by the wayside are pre-workout drinks, tribulus, CLA, and taurine, whilst I'm not saying they don't work I don't see the 'real world' effect and don't have the money to continue with them. Plus there are only so many pills/powders you can stomach. In the next 30 days I shall be trying out a beer root juice shot that I've been asked to try by my local health food store, this will be more for my running than Tapout though.
Other than that I've had an awesome 10 days except the 3 days following the spartan sprint race that were very sore (in a good but hard way) I have a race every other weekend for the next few weeks so it's going to be tough as that's my rest day, so I'll have to see how I go. Truth be told I won't give up either so I'll just have to HTFU and get on with it.
Until next time AROOO & run to it !!

No comments:

Post a Comment